Annual Catechetical Conference
3rd - 6th August 2017
This is for you, priests, new and experienced catechists, those involved in sacramental preparation, children’s liturgy and all those involved in some way in passing on the Catholic faith to others; you are all welcome.
Come listen, pray and discuss vitally important themes in order to grow doctrinally and in the art of communication in the real life circumstances of parish life, catechetical programmes and evangelisation in today’s’ world.
Lectures and workshops are provided by the experienced and highly qualified staff of the School of the Annunciation plus guest speakers.
Date: The conference will take place around the end of July each year. In 2017, the conference will take place 3 - 6 August.
For more information: please contact Dr CarolineFarey: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone enquiries on 01364 645600.
Cost: The cost for the conference £345. There is also a £50 registration fee payable upon application. For those who wish to attend only the classes, there is a day-rate of £80.
Cancellation Rights: You will have a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period which starts from the date of your application.
The conference normally begins at 6.00pm on the first day and finishes at lunchtime on the last day. The 4 days are designed to include lectures and workshops in the context of experiencing the rhythm of daily prayer of the resident Benedictine monastic community of Buckfast Abbey.
We look forward to welcoming you!
The Inaugural conference took place 25th – 28th July 2016
with the theme of: The Most Holy Trinity and Catechesis
• Fr Guy de Gaynesford, the Rector of the School of the Annunciation who received his Licence in Sacred Theology from the Gregorian University in Rome.
• Dr Dominic Doyle, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology, Boston College, School of Theology and Ministry, Boston, USA.
• Dr Caroline Farey, who received the ‘message for catechists’ from Pope Benedict in 2012 for her work in catechesis and catechist formation over 20 years.
We look forward to welcome you!
Catechetics for Clergy
A programme of talks and seminars, to give clergy renewed confidence in the joy of transmitting the faith in accordance with the Church’s own principles of the ‘pedagogy of God’. The course is set in the context of the daily Divine Liturgy, excellent facilities and the beautiful setting of Buckfast Abbey in Devon, England.
The designer of the course, Dr Caroline Farey, has been delivering talks and workshops of this kind for many years, in, for instance, the three seminaries of Allen Hall, London, St John’s, Wonersh and St Mary’s, Oscott, and more recently to groups of priests around the country, having been appointed as one of the three lay women experts at the 2012 Synod on the New Evangelisation for the transmission of faith.
- This programme can be delivered on request anywhere in the UK, over 1 to 4 days.
- Dates are to be confirmed for the next session at Buckfast Abbey.
- For further information please contact: email@example.com